This is the 8 Frame version of our all season inner cover.
Ventilation is very important to the health of the hive. It can be especially important in the winter in colder climates as well as during the heat of the summer. We have found an upper entrance so moisture can escape the hive in the winter combined with insulation so the moisture does not condense on the underside of inner cover and drip down on the cluster significantly improves overwintering success.
Developed over several years, we feel our all season inner cover provides not only appropriate ventilation and insulation during the winter, but also allows easy access for late or early season feeding, plus the benefits of passive cross flow ventilation during the summer without the cost of other systems. Compare it to the DE-Hive, the BeeCool Hive Ventilator and the Ventilated Hive Cover from Dadant.
- Takes the place of an inner cover and is used with a standard telescoping or migratory cover (not pictured above.)
- Passive cross flow ventilation keeps the hive cooler during the summer. Less bearding and more productive hives.
- In the winter, insulation and an upper entrance reduces condensation and moisture in the hive. Improved overwintering.
- Center pullout for spring, fall and even mid winter feeding.
- Includes ventilated inner cover, insulation and removable screen for use with a feeding jar or bucket.
- Cheaper and more cost effective than other passive and active ventilated tops.
Overwintering success depends on a great number of factors such as healthy bees, enough good quality food (honey and pollen), a healthy queen, a good size cluster, and other environmental conditions that may require different preparations such as windbreaks or wrapping. Proper ventilation is only one piece of the puzzle.
Download Plans and build your own or Buy one now.